What is Warrior Shield?
Warrior Shield is the national outreach for the PTSD Foundation of America designed to help expand the National Footprint of the PTSD Foundation and create a positive environment for service members to seek refuge during times of crisis.
What is Warrior Shield doing?
Nationally, Warrior Shield creates a safety net by utilizing local military retirees, volunteers and churches in each community to develop and enrich the existing local military community by improving morale and resiliency, creating a shield of support for Active Duty Service members, their families and Veterans across America.
- Designates and develops mentors to lead Combat Trauma Support Groups
- Organizes CTHM meetings
- Organizes VOLS for outreach and assistance
- Public awareness of combat trauma
- Networks existing organizations to create and improve soldier / veteran resource base
On Post Objective
- Boost morale
- Provide 24/7 365 Crisis prevention
- Assist in any way