Third-Party Fundraising Guidelines
Please read the guidelines in their entirety as they are part of the legally binding agreement you'll be signing after filling out the form.
Thank you for your interest in fundraising to benefit the PTSD Foundation of America & Camp Hope. PTSD Foundation will be referred to as "Foundation", "we" or "our" for the remainder of this document.
Please read this Third-Party Fundraising Event Guidelines Agreement ("Agreement"). By signing below, you, the undersigned ("you") agree to abide by the following guidelines and to be bound by these terms.
What does this agreement cover?
This Agreement covers fundraising events and activities("Events") hosted or operated by a third-party in support of the PTSD Foundation where the PTSD Foundation has no obligations related to the Event.
Getting Your Event Approved
- You must fully fill out the Event Request Form and sign this Agreement to get your Event approved.
- The Foundation must first approve your Event request prior to the promotion or holding of your Event.
- Your Event must comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- The Foundation reserves the right to approve or deny any Event at its discretion.
- Promoting Your Event
- Upon approval of your Event, the Foundation will, at your request, provide you with a copy of its logo(s) for use solely in connection with your marketing materials for the Event. You may not alter or modify any provided logo(s) without written permission from the Foundation.
- The Foundation must pre-approve all marketing materials with its name or logo(s) on them before they can be used.
- You may not list the Foundation as the sponsor of your Event.
- You may list the Foundation as the beneficiary of your Event. (e.g., "all proceeds to benefit the PTSD Foundation of America")
- You are responsible for marketing and promoting your Event. While the Foundation cannot actively market or promote your Event, we may, at our discretion, mention your Event to our members through, without limitation, our website, newsletters, or social media accounts.
- The Foundation cannot provide you with mailing lists. (e.g., for volunteers or donors) and cannot distribute any materials on behalf of your Event or solicit donations or collect money on behalf of your Event.
- The Foundation cannot guarantee that any of its Staff, Board Members, or Volunteers will attend your Event.
Expenses for Your Event
- All costs and expenses related to your Event are solely your responsibility.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Foundation will not reimburse your for any expenses related to your Event and you may not charge anything for your Event to the Foundation.
- The Foundation cannot provide you with its tax-exempt number/letter for purchases for your Event.
- Proceeds from Your Event
- All accounting related to your Event is solely your responsibility.
- You may not establish a bank account or other financial transaction account in the name of the Foundation or any of its related organizations.
- For donations made directly to the Foundation, please provide individual donor and donation information, including
- Donor Name
- Donation Amount
- so that we may provide donor acknowledgement letters as may be required by law.
- You must notify the Foundation before seeking donations/support from any third-party businesses or organizations to ensure that fundraising efforts do not overlap.
- Please submit all donations and proceeds from your Event to the Foundation within thirty (30) days of your Event. The Foundation reserves the right to audit your books and records related to your Event for up to one year from the Event.
- Proceeds from your Event may be submitted to:
PTSD Foundation of America
Attn: Katherin Dickerson
9724 Derrington Dr.
Houston, TX 77064
Insurance and Liability for Your Event
- You are solely responsible for obtaining insurance coverage for your Event.
- If you are conducting a sporting event (e.g., marathon, race, ball game, etc.), you must require all participants to sign a liability waiver that expressly waives any claim against the Foundation.
- You are solely responsible for obtaining any and all permits required in connection with your Event.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Foundation, including its directors, officers, employees, agents and volunteers, from and against any and all suits, claims, demands, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of or relating in any way to you, your business, your organization, and the fundraising activities authorized hereunder.
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE PTSD FOUNDATION WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR EVENT.